- Teaching and learning philosophy emphasis the importance of interaction, discussion and constant feedback in teaching and learning - I percieve myself often more as an fasilitator to help students to construct new understandings.
Bachelor & Master thesis
Are you a student looking for thesis topic? See list of thesis topics I am happy to mentor!
Computational social sciences
I'm a co-founded of the computational social science study module at the University of Helsinki. The computational social sciences study module included classes such as
- Introduction to computational social science
- Programming for social scientists
- Data science for social scientists
- Data extraction for social scientists
- Simulation models and complex systems for social scientists
- Network analysis for social scientists
- Interactive systems for social scientists
I have authored Coding Social Science. Understanding and Doing Computational Social Sciene an introductory textbook on computational social science.
Digitalisation and the society
- The political in human-computer interaction
- Theory and Methods of Digital Governance, Organizations and Communication (2017, 2018)
- Digitaalisen yhteiskunnan rajapinnoilla, guest lecture on politics and digitalization